Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sweet Potato Waffles

What is it exactly about sweet and savory that many of us find so comforting?  We ran across this recipe last night on Flipboard.  The recipe is Alton Brown's from the Food Network.

Sweet Potato Waffles

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/sweet-potato-waffles-recipe/index.html


I cut the recipe in half.  It was still enough to make 4 or 5 8"- round waffles.  They turned out light.  (I was concerned that the sweet potato would make them too dense.)  The most important ingredient is the orange zest.  Don't omit it.

What is the best side dish to serve with waffles and maple syrup?  That would be salty, crispy, pan-fried bacon.


Today is a travel day for me.  I leave this evening for Philadelphia.  Tuesday night we're having dinner at Modo Mio.  If this menu gets close to my expectation, it will be quite a meal.

Enjoy your Sunday with good food and family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment